Yes the reality tv show all about tattooing.
(from the perspective of a designer with no tattoos or experience, just for fun!)
1. Dave Navarro has become scary looking, like real scary looking - just remember this dude once was married to Carmen Electra….
(Look mom! The doctor didn’t kill him after all! Cha-mone!)
….and on the subject of daft names……
2. Would you let someone with the name ‘B-Tatt’ or ‘Billi Vegas’ or ‘Al Fliction’ actually tattoo you in real life, let alone on a reality gameshow?
….and on the subject of ‘B-Tatt’….
(this is he….)
3. Whatever you do, if you see this man in your tattoo parlour waiting for you, run a mile. The first task involved tattooing a skull on a pig carcass, there were some fantastic, not so fantastic, bad then ‘B-Tatt’s’…….
(this is a skull…….)
4. That the Statue of Liberty has an ear!
Unlike this one (which also doesn’t have a left side of a face) that was tattooed as a cover up on an American war vet, y’know those guys that serve a country that is bombastic about all its patriotic symbolism.
5. That tattooing shouldn’t be rushed, and definitely not have a time limit on it, and that when dealing with cover ups to be done in 6 hours…..
This is easier to cover up…..
6. That this woman probably ended up with a wonky wings that needed a cover up because her last tattooist probably had to contend with her crying, screaming and generally moving all over the place like the guy did on this show….
(in a rare moment when she was just crying rather than screaming….)
7. The fact that Chris Nuñez is either doing this show for either a) the money or b) the fact he can let off steam by calling out on all the shit tattooing - or both.
(Chris was fond of the door….)
8. the tattooing is like any other art form, it can’t be rushed nor should be exploited in this way - yes it’s bubblegum programming that I will probably continue to watch - but these guys appearing on it are far from ‘Ink Masters’ just like no chef appearing on ‘Masterchef’ are actually masters of anything.
Oh well eh B-Tatt……